Updated: 2 days ago
1. We need to recommit ourselves to reporting on the systems supporting democracy, giving audiences better information – not just more of it. The winning formula is never only about commercial profits – it needs to involve deep listening to people.
2. Solutions journalism starts where traditional reporting usually ends. Practical knowledge is lacking on how to deal with society’s pressing problems. Solutions stories help to cultivate hope by showing how others are responding. Research shows that such reporting is more likely to have a positive impact.
3. Diversity is nota "nice-to-have." It is at the center of the digital transformation, generating ideas outside the box. Diversity in the newsroom leads to diverse news coverage, making it essential to a successful, audience-orientated news outlet.
4. There's never been a more exciting to be an investigative journalist. That’s partly thanks to all the tools that allow us to carry out more through, systematic research and share our findings with partners.
5. The importance of community journalism cannot be understated, especially in challenging times such as the pandemic. Audiences still often trust the local press, and it might be wise to start seeing it as a public good worth protecting.
Download the Prague Media Point 2020 final report.